|Title||Moving from an Operational Manager to a Strategic Thinker|
|Date||January 20, 2019 to January 24, 2019|
Who Should Attend
- Managers with five years or less of management experience who want to move into a more strategic role.
- If you want to move from being a good manager to being a great manager, strategic thinking is imperative.
- Strategic thinking enables you to tap into the potential of your employees, understand the needs of your customers, and recognize your competition’s game plan.
- This program offers key insights and ideas into the core skills of strategic thinking as well as actionable steps.
- Instead of being buried in your department’s ongoing activities, you will become a valuable strategic thinker, an innovator, a persuasive player and a champion for change who adds value to your organization, your customers and your stakeholders.
- Definition of operational management
- Explore the key attributes of today’s strategic thinkers
- Understand the key components of the strategic thinking model
- Develop a strategic thinker’s approach for your own work environment
- Strategic thinking: moving from a limited context to a broader view
- Develop an inventory of SWOT that you recognize in your business Create a mission statement defining the operational reality of your work group
- Identify the forces influencing the future of your work unit
- How to build vision and strategic leadership
- What are Mission and Vision? Where do they fit in? What is their value?
- Key elements of a good mission statement and a good vision
- Differences between a mission and a vision statement
- Define key outputs at each level using various planning tools
- How to set priorities for strategic action
- Identify the profile of the manager or the leader
- Explore options for enhancing communication effectiveness
- Conduct key conversations to encourage innovation and risk taking
- Assess your skills to lead change
- How to manage change with action-oriented skill
- Applying influencing techniques to overcome resistance
- Negotiating for resources using win-win approaches
- Explore a range of options for influencing others
- Strategy Execution and understanding the challenge of strategy execution
- Understanding the key requirements for successful strategy execution
- Assessing your organization on these key requirements
- Case studies